PRATTVILLE HIGH SCHOOL
October 24, 2014
Check out gophslions.com for more info!
· Saturday, November 1st, the Baseball team is having a pancake breakfast at Applebee’s. The cost is $5 from 8-10 am. See any baseball player or coach to get a ticket!
· Students, please remember that there is a speed limit in the parking lot!! Be careful not to lose your driving privileges.
· No fast food can be delivered to you in school or in the parking lot. When you check in, please do not bring food in with you.
· Students that are interested in speaking to Julianna Staples, Vanderbuilt University college rep, please sign up for Thursday’s visit outside of Mrs. Harvard’s door.
· During activity period, the following colleges will be visiting PHS.
o North Alabama College Rep – November 13
o AUM College Rep – December 11
o Auburn Liberal Arts Rep – January 8
o Troy College Rep – January 15
· If you are interested in attending the University of Alabama, you and your parents are invited to attend an application and scholarship seminar hosted by the Autauga County chapter of the UA Alumni Association on October 30th. Representatives from the Alumni office will be available to answer any questions you may have about the process. The seminar will begin at 6:30 in the Mane. Please sign up outside Mrs. Harvard’s office by October 28th.
· Kid President has challenged schools all over the United States to participate in #socktober, to raise awareness for the millions homeless in our country. Many shelters get clothes , jackets, and even shoes, but what they lack are clean socks and underwear to pass out to the homeless. The Diamond Dolls have accepted the challenge from Kid President and we are asking that all students and faculty participate. From now until October 31, in 1st period, please collect CLEAN pairs of socks/underwear. The class with the most pairs will win a chickfila breakfast party from the Diamond Dolls for their support. Our goal is to raise 1000 pairs to donate to Faith Rescue Mission.
· Reverend Dr. Watkins Scholarship applications are now available in Mrs. Harvard’s office. Any senior attending Faulkner University please see Mrs. Harvard for a scholarship opportunity.
· The University of Alabama Admissions and Scholarship Seminar will be held on Thursday, October 30th at 6:30 pm in the Prattville High Mane. RSVP to Michelle Studdard.
· Golf Tryouts are October 21-24 at P’ville Country Club! Sign up in the field house - per Coach Cahoon.
· Anyone who didn’t buy a class shirt, or who wants another class shirt, you can go by Ms. Northington’s room, SS-7 during 5th period. Cash only. First come, first serve.
· Cookies will be sold at Prattville High School on Mondays, Tuesdays, and Thursdays.
· Our first PHS Project Job Serve will be this November. FBLA members will have the opportunity to meet and work for local businesses on Friday November 7th. Job Serve applications are to be picked up in Tec-1 (technology pod on the senior hall) or Lab B (freshman hall) and participants will be chosen from job interviews. Interested students are to attend the FBLA meeting this Thursday in room PA2 (Theatre room) during the activity period.
· Upcoming Open Houses: for more information on any of these events, check the college information and scholarships tab under the guidance section of the schools website.
o University of South Alabama will hold USA Day on November 22, 2014
o UAH open house dates: November 22, and April 11.
o ASU Connection Day is November 8th.
· Writing Workshop is a new organization where students can receive help writing their papers. They are currently seeking volunteers. If you would like to know more, see Mrs. Murphree, Sierra Lacy, or sign up in the front office.