PRATTVILLE HIGH SCHOOL
Prattville High School Announcements
September 2, 2014
Check out gophslions.com for more info!
· NO CHECKS FOR INOW!!
· Teacher, please remember your meetings with Linda Strange during your planning time. Meet in the conference room!
· If you would like to apply for NHS, applications are on the school’s website and are due by Friday, September 12th. You must have a 3.5 GPA, be in the 10th/11th/ or 12th grade and have a good, moral character.
· Boys Soccer tryouts are September 8th - 12th from 3:30 – 5:30. Must have an up to date physical. See Coach Mitchell for more info.
· Chicken Biscuits are sold today at break for $2.75.
· Boys’ Basketball tryouts are September 8th, 9th, and 10th from 3:30 to 5:30 PM in the gym, for grades 9 – 12. You must have a current physical signed, and cleared by a doctor. Anyone playing football see Coach Taylor in room 306 in the freshman hall for sign up information.
· Model United Nations will meet Wednesday morning (September 3rd) in Mrs. Kuzma’s room (SS-3) at 7:20.
· Any girl that could not make the Miss Lion meeting, but still wants to participate, please see Ms. T. Northington or Mrs. Day to pick up a permission form.
· Softball tryouts begin Tuesday, September 2nd after school. Please bring an up to date physical with you.
· All students interested in going to Costa Rica over Spring Break 2015, please plan to attend our informational meeting in Senor Harris’ room (109). Thursday night at 6 P.M. Please bring a parent with you to the meeting. Profe Gatlin and Sr. Harris are very much looking forward to sharing a wonderful Cost Rica experience with Spanish students in this beautiful and unique country.
· Attention all 10th, 11th, and 12th grade returning BETA members: Our first meeting will be Tuesday, September 9th at 7:20 A.M. in the Media Center. If you would like to go ahead and start working on your hours, we have several requests for help. More information can be found on the BETA webpage or on the bulletin board outside SS-4 (Studdard’s room). But here are some events you can sign up to work: Monday, 9/1 (Labor Day)- The Prattville Service League needs 20-25 volunteers to work a variety of events at Pratt Park. Different time slots are available. Monday, 9/8- College and career fair. We need students to bring breakfast items to provide for our visitors that day. Thursday, 9/18- Prattville Primary School’s Cub Carnival (5-7 P.M.): Working games and serving food. PLEASE SIGN UP OUTSIDE MRS. STUDDARD’S ROOM (SS-4) OR MRS. STRINGER’S ROOM (313)
· Anyone interested on being on the freshmen or junior floats, we are having a meeting for freshman, after school on Tuesday, Sept. 2, in the Mane, and a meeting for juniors on Sept. 3, in the Mane.
· College Career Day will be held Monday, September 8, 2014 in the Prattville High School Gymnasium from 7:50 - 10:40AM. Private and County school from 7:50 – 8:40 AM, seniors from 8:45 – 9:40 AM, and juniors from 9:45 – 10:40 AM. Parents are invited.
· The Junior League of Montgomery will hold College and Career Night on Monday, September 15, 2014 from 6:00 – 8:00 PM. The event will be held at the Renaissance Montgomery Hotel and Spa at the Convention Center. This is a great opportunity to meet with college representatives to plan for college admissions.
· University of Montevallo college representative will be here on Thursday September 25 during activity period. Any student interested in gaining information on the University of Montevallo may sign up outside Mrs. Harvard’s door.
· Writing Workshop is a new organization where students can receive help writing their papers. They are currently seeking volunteers. If you would like to know more, see Mrs. Murphree, Sierra Lacy, or sign up in the front office.