Prattville High School Announcements
December 17, 2014
Check out gophslions.com for more info!
· Early release students who are not turning in paycheck stubs to Mrs. Thigpen, not signing out with Mrs. Luckie, or failing a class – will have their schedules changed for the 2nd semester! This is the final warning!
· FBLA members, please give your doughnut money to Mrs. Bergdolt or Mrs. Hood by this afternoon.
· Seniors: The Tenaska Scholarship 2015 application is available in Mrs. Harvard’s office. Submission deadline is Monday, March 2, 2015.
· The Bryant-Jordan Student Athlete Program will award the Bryant-Jordan Scholar Athlete Award and Bryant-Jordan Achievement Award based on scholastic performance, sports, athletic honors, student leadership, and civic and church leadership. The athlete award focuses primarily on scholastic standing, and the achievement award focuses on achieving beyond normal expectations and overcoming hardships. If you believe you are eligible and would like to be nominated, talk to your coach about nominating you before Tuesday, January 20.
· The only PSAT date was in October, however, if a student writes a letter before March 1, 2015 to the National Merit Scholarship or emails them, they may have an opportunity to use their SAT scores for entry into the program. Students would email firstname.lastname@example.org or sent a letter to National Merit 1560 Sherman Ave Suite 200 Evanston, IL 60201. Students would have to have an SAT score before June 2015. If a student is allowed to enter the competition, the information will be provided by the National Merit.
· Hot Chocolate will be sold every Wednesday and Thursday for $1 in Gym 1.
· Cookies will be sold at Prattville High School on Mondays, Tuesdays, and Thursdays.
· Writing Workshop is a new organization where students can receive help writing their papers. They are currently seeking volunteers. If you would like to know more, see Mrs. Murphree, Sierra Lacy, or sign up in the front office.