PRATTVILLE HIGH SCHOOL
Prattville High School Announcements
September 19, 2014
Check out gophslions.com for more info!
· Happy Talk Like A Pirate Day!
· Congratulations to the following students for being selected as 2014-2015 Homecoming Representatives. These students will be recognized at the Homecoming Game.
9th Grade Attendants
1. Maddie Allen
2. Hannah Brown
3. Kylar Pettway
4. Olivia Stewart
10th Grade Attendants
1. Zakhira Bates
2. Angel Cox
3. Shavon Sykes
4. Madeline Ward
11th Grade Attendants
1. Scarlett Carter
2. Airelle Edwards
3. Kori Frye
4. Kelsey Luker
5. Isabella Opichka
6. Aiko Pickering
12th Grade King Court
1. Brandon Allen
2. Tanner Baumann
3. Seth Knotts
4. Jordan Kramer
5. Layton Luker
6. Kole Pettit
7. Keegan Smith
8. Jackson Taylor
12th Grade Queen Court
1. Madison Brown
2. Issi Durham
3. Logan Glover
4. Amber Holliday
5. Morgan Jones
6. Braidyn Lazenby
7. Morgan Overton
8. Adrienne White
· Homecoming court and SOTL meetings are nest week.
· The PSAT will be given at Prattville High School on Wednesday, October 15, 2014 in the Media Center. By taking the PSAT in the 11th grade, you may be eligible for scholarship opportunities. PSAT scores are not sent to colleges but are intended to uncover opportunities for growth and feedback. The cost will be $20.00 cash. Please see Mrs. Bailey in the front office for payment. Deadline to sign up is October 9th.
· The PHS Color Guard free car wash is this Saturday from 9 - 1:30 at Gilmore Ford. Donations are welcome.
· Anyone who still has a pre-calculus homework packet, please return it to Mrs. Goodwin - Harden – Haden or to Mr. Miller.
· Upcoming Open Houses: for more information on any of these events, check the college information and scholarships tab under the guidance section of the schools website.
o University of South Alabama will hold USA Days on October 18 and November 22, 2014
o The University of Alabama College of Engineering will hold E Day on Thursday October 2, 2014
o UAH open house dates: October 4 and 24, November 22, and April 11.
o ASU Connection Day is November 8th.
· This year the math department is selecting math students of the month. Each math teacher will nominate one student per month, and those students will have their pictures on the recognition bulletin board in the math pod and receive an award donated by an individual or business within the community. This month’s honorees are Will Gunnells, Scarlett Carter, Alex Mote, Tori Moore, Morgan Eady, Nicholas Albright, Trey Woods, Daniel Montville, Kayla Callahan, Judy Sloan, Isaiah Howard, Delaney Horton, Brett Harmon, Taylor Moore, and Faith Roberts.
· Students, you MUST wear your class colors in order to attend the pep rally tomorrow. If you are not in your class color, you will be sent to the Mane during the pep rally. Class colors are as follows: Freshman – white, sophomores – gray, Juniors – red, and Seniors – black. Don’t forget it’s 80’s themed w/ 80’s music. Please make sure to dress up! Spirit winner will be judged based on actions during the ENTIRE pep rally. Before the close of the pep rally, we will sing the Alma Mater. Sheets with the words will be passed out at the beginning of the pep rally for those who don’t know the words.
· First Annual Driver Safety Scholarship and Smith Foundation Scholarships – for more information, check the college information and scholarships tab under the guidance section of the school website.
· The ASVAB date for Prattville High School is Tuesday, October 7th in the Mane at 8:00 am. Students may sign up with Mrs. Thigpen.
· Would you like to go on a trip to the Everglades for a week of snorkeling, swimming with dolphins, working with sea turtles, and enjoying the scenery? Please see Ms. Jones (room 201) ASAP!
· Attention Freshmen, starting Monday, September 8th, all freshman 1st periods will raise money to dunk Mr. Dennis into a trashcan full of whatever the winning 1st period decides. This fundraiser will last until September 22nd, and that week, on activity period, the dunking will begin. All of the money will go towards the freshman’s homecoming float, so don’t forget to bring money starting Monday, and may the winning class “Dunk Dennis”.
· University of Montevallo college representative will be here on Thursday September 25 during activity period. Any student interested in gaining information on the University of Montevallo may sign up outside Mrs. Harvard’s door.
· Writing Workshop is a new organization where students can receive help writing their papers. They are currently seeking volunteers. If you would like to know more, see Mrs. Murphree, Sierra Lacy, or sign up in the front office.