PRATTVILLE HIGH SCHOOL
October 31, 2014
Check out gophslions.com for more info!
· There will be a financial aid meeting for juniors, seniors, and parents in the Media Center on November 20, at 6:00 p.m.
· The Leadership class is now selling student section shirts for $12 at lunch.
· International Club members must pay their dues by November 10th. See Mrs. Kuzma in room SS-3 to pay your dues.
· Friday is Senior Night as we play Valley. In honor of our seniors, we are wearing black Friday. Our pep-rally will be a black out. So, in order for you to go, you must wear black.
· The Miss Lion pageant is this Saturday, November 1st, at 6 pm. Come out and support the 36 girls in the pageant as they vie for the Miss Lion title. Tickets are $5 and can be bought from any contestant.
· The cheerleaders are holding the “Spirit of Prattville Color Blast” at the school on November 1st at 10 am. Registration is $25 for adults and $20 for students. Forms are available in the Student Center or from a cheerleader. Registration includes a long sleeve shirt.
· Please come out and support your Prattville High School Baseball Team at Panera Bread on Thursday November 13th from 4:00–8:00.
· Saturday, November 1st, the Baseball team is having a pancake breakfast at Applebee’s. The cost is $5 from 8-10 am. See any baseball player or coach to get a ticket!
· During activity period, the following colleges will be visiting PHS.
o North Alabama College Rep – November 13
o AUM College Rep – December 11
o Auburn Liberal Arts Rep – January 8
o Troy College Rep – January 15
· Reverend Dr. Watkins Scholarship applications are now available in Mrs. Harvard’s office. Any senior attending Faulkner University please see Mrs. Harvard for a scholarship opportunity.
· Anyone who didn’t buy a class shirt, or who wants another class shirt, you can go by Ms. Northington’s room, SS-7 during 5th period. Cash only. First come, first serve.
· Cookies will be sold at Prattville High School on Mondays, Tuesdays, and Thursdays.
· Our first PHS Project Job Serve will be this November. FBLA members will have the opportunity to meet and work for local businesses on Friday November 7th. Job Serve applications are to be picked up in Tec-1 (technology pod on the senior hall) or Lab B (freshman hall) and participants will be chosen from job interviews. Interested students are to attend the FBLA meeting this Thursday in room PA2 (Theatre room) during the activity period.
· Upcoming Open Houses: for more information on any of these events, check the college information and scholarships tab under the guidance section of the schools website.
o University of South Alabama will hold USA Day on November 22, 2014
o UAH open house dates: November 22, and April 11.
o ASU Connection Day is November 8th.
· Writing Workshop is a new organization where students can receive help writing their papers. They are currently seeking volunteers. If you would like to know more, see Mrs. Murphree, Sierra Lacy, or sign up in the front office.