Prattville High School Announcements
March 3, 2015
Check out gophslions.com for more info!
· In order to get notifications from the schools pertaining to bus changes and various other information, please go to our website to the apple icon, “NOTIFY ME” at the top of the page and input your information. You will receive information as it comes out.
· The anime club will be meeting this Wednesday 3-4-15 in room 306 in the freshman hall.
· Payment for the AP Test is due by March 20th. Please give payment to Mrs. Kuzma in room SS-3.
· There is an Archery Tournament with Chilton County High School today in the gym. Prattville Junior High will also attend and compete against Clanton Middle School. Start time is 5:00 pm and admission is free.
· Help raise MDA Lock-up bail for Mrs. Grigsby and raise money to support Muscular Dystrophy research. Shamrocks are available in the Media Center, green are $1 and gold are $5. You can put your name on the shamrock to be displayed in the Media Center.
· Seniors: the Elizabeth Steer Scholarship application in now available in Mrs. Harvard’s office. Applicants must submit a seventy-five word essay and have two letters of recommendations. The deadline is March 25th.
· School breakfast week is March 2-6. For anyone that participates, there will be daily prizes and a final drawing. Staff will have daily prizes and a final drawing as well.
· BETA Club March Hours opportunities: (Please sign up on the bulletin board outside of SS4.) Tutoring is still going on at Prattville Primary and Prattville Elementary. Any students wishing to work the Prattville Primary Pancake breakfast can earn 3 hours. This will take place Saturday, March 7th from 7-10 AM.
· The next BETA club meeting will be Tuesday, March 10th at 7:20 in the Media Center.
· Any student interested in the Leadership class next year needs to come by T. Smith’s room, SS7. You must fill out a form to be considered.
· The Montgomery – Gunter Officers’ Spouses’ Club application is now available in Mrs. Harvard’s office. Applications must be postmarked by March 28, 2015. For more information visit firstname.lastname@example.org or google www.mgosc.info.
· The Prattville Civic Club is awarding scholarships to deserving high school seniors. Students will need two character letters and a copy of their transcript. The deadline is April 15, 2015. Those interested may pick up an application in Mrs. Harvard’s office.
· Delta Sigma Theta Sorority, Montgomery Alumnae Chapter is proud to announce a $1,000 dollar scholarship for a high school senior who will be attending an accredited college fall 2015-2016. Applications may be found at www.montgomeryalumnae.org or see Mrs. Harvard. Dead line is March 27, 2015.
· The Alabama Home Builders Foundation awards scholarships to men and women seeking careers in the core trades of the home building industry. For those who are interested, applications can be downloaded or submitted electronically from www.ahbfoundation.org. The deadline is March 15, 2015.
· Hot Chocolate will be sold every Wednesday and Thursday for $1 in Gym 1.
· Cookies will be sold at Prattville High School on Mondays, Tuesdays, and Thursdays.
· Writing Workshop is a new organization where students can receive help writing their papers. They are currently seeking volunteers. If you would like to know more, see Mrs. Murphree, Sierra Lacy, or sign up in the front office.