My name is Sra. (Faby) Clark and I am excited to be your Spanish teacher! I am originally from Jataí, Goias, Brasil, but I have lived in the United State for over 10 years. I moved to the US with a full volleyball scholarship to attend school and play volleyball at Miami Dade College where I learned English as well as Spanish. If you have been to Miami, you know that there is a big mix of Hispanic culture there by necessity I learned Spanish to live. After Miami, I transferred to the University of Montevallo where I finished my college education and playing career. I earned my Bachelor's degree in Kinesiology. After graduation I worked for a garden furniture business as their Human Resources Manager and Translator. In 2007 I earned my Masters in Human Resources Management from Troy University. I teach Spanish I and II.
I love spending time with my husband (Jeremy) and our two beautiful daughters (Gabi and Olivia), traveling, photography, listening to music, shopping, playing and watching sports, and I love working out. I have traveled to over 8+ different countries (The Netherlands, Italy, Croatia, Spain, France, Brasil, US) and lived in two. I would just love to visit each Spanish-speaking country and each continent at least once.
*I think it might help you to know that I am not Hispanic. I learned English and Spanish (just like you are learning Spanish) as a foreign language, therefore I understand the frustration you can feel at times. Please do not get discouraged by this! Just think about how long you have been learning and perfecting your native language and that will help you understand just how awesome you really are at Spanish! Learning a language takes time, dedication and tons of practice!
There are several ways to get in contact with me:
1. Send me an email at firstname.lastname@example.org Please always put the subject of your email as well as your block. EX: 1st Block Maria Jose. I get many emails a day and it will be easy for me to respond quickly!
2. Leave me a message here in the website by clicking on the email link.
3. Call me at the school and leave me a message. I will return the call asap. (334)365-8804
4. Email me in my personal email if it is an emergency over the weekend. email@example.com
5. Message me on facebook! :)
I look forward to working with you to help you learn Spanish this semester! I hope that you will learn to love and appreciate the language and culture as much as I do!